1. Contact Pastor Gary Feldman via phone or email at email@example.com and express your interest in becoming a member.
2. Two or three times a year we have new members orientation meetings. Each group of prospective new members will meet twice. At these orientation meetings we share fellowship, are introduced to the Church staff, learn about the variety of growth opportunities available, learn about available service opportunities, learn something of the history, polity and beliefs of the United Methodist Church, and look at the Order of Service for the Reception of New Members.
All people wishing to join the Church must have experienced the ritual of Christian baptism. We recognize baptisms that were performed at non-United Methodist Churches.
3. Here are the questions you will be asked during the of Reception of New Members
- Do you here in the presence of God and of this congregation renew the solemn promise and vow made at your baptism?
- Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world, and repent of your sins?
- Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, and pledge your allegiance to His kingdom?
- Do you receive and profess the Christian faith as contained in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments?
- Do you promise, according to the grace given you, to live a Christian life, obedient to Gods will and commandments, always remaining a faithful member of Christs holy church?
- Will you be loyal to the Morton United Methodist Church, upholding the church by your prayers, your presence, you gifts, your service and your witness?